Monday, August 21, 2017

Gearing Up

I've got my lovely specs in preparation for today's eclipse.  Honestly, I can see nothing at all through them at this point -- 85 degrees F at 11:00 a.m., and, luckily, not a cloud in the sky.

If we wanted to see totality (100 percent occlusion of the sun) we'd need to drive about an hour and a half north.  We'll see only a partial eclipse, but still about 97 percent.

Legends abound during memorable moments such as these, but I've heard our temperature will drop 20 degrees today and Bill Nye the Science Guy says our mid-day darkness will allow us lovely views of a sky full of stars.  I've also heard dire warnings about vision loss and ruined cell phone cameras, so this midlife lady is planning to view responsibly.

Things should start to change here in about an hour or so.  I'll share any content I deem worthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment